Updated 2017 – to be reviewed annually
Riparian owners and their anglers, including day ticket holders are expected to assist the Board in its statutory obligations. Bailiffs will ensure that the under-noted Code of Practice for the 2017 season is followed.
- No salmon to be killed before 1st July.
- No salmon over 10lbs, or 30 inches in length to be killed.
- A maximum of 2 salmon or 2 grilse to be killed on the entire river by any one angler throughout the season.
- All hen fish should be returned throughout the season.
- All salmon and grilse should be released in October.
- All sea trout and whitling must be released throughout the season.
- No worm fishing in October unless barbless or circle hooks are used.
- No multiple (treble hook x 2) lures to be used when spinning.
- Where appropriate, when unhooking a fish, it should not be removed from the water.
- To ensure accurate end of season rod returns, all salmon or grilse kept or released must be reported to fishery owners, as soon as possible.
- All kept and returned fish and ‘nil’ catches must be included in annual catch returns.
Finally, very many thanks to all riparian owners and anglers for your co-operation with this very important matter.